Tuesday, September 12, 2006

In Praise of Bill Winter.

I live in South Jefferson County, in Congressional District 6. Colorado is a state that is changing and growing more diverse, but in this district and this part of Jefferson County have always been very conservative. And that has not changed in the time that I have lived here. As I became more in tune with politics, I have become increasingly disappointed in the current Congressional Representation in Congressional District 6. Tom Tancredo has been a single-issue candidate. Calling for impossible solutions to the issue of illegal immigration and getting nothing done on that front or any other front. Tom Tancredo has been a do-nothing congressman who believes that his seat is safe for life. It has disappointed me deeply to see that he is just a loose cannon and an embarrassment Tom Tancredo is. He is even an embarrassment to his own party. I agree with him on NAFTA and CAFTA, however I feel the way I do about them for different reasons than he does. I was losing hope that the Democrats could field a good candidate to run against Tom Tancredo. Then I met Bill Winter. I had met Bill Winter a couple of times before he decided to run against Mr. Tancredo for CD6. He struck me as a good man with a lot of fire. I appreciate that. As I got to know him, as a candidate and as a person, I was struck by how much of a straight shooter this man is. Bill Winter is on our team. Not the Democrat’s team or the Republican’s team, but the people’s team. Bill Winter is on the team of regular people who just want to make an honest living. He is very down to Earth. Unlike Tancredo, he is not preoccupied with his own ambitions. He donated a kidney to someone who really needed it and now he has no health insurance because of it. So he cares about the health care crisis that we are all facing. He believes in protecting our Civil Liberties and believes in reasonable immigration reform. He served a combined 10 years in the Navy and the Marine Corps. He also gave up a six-figure job as a lawyer to teach Science and Coach High School football. Bill Winter knows about service and sacrifice and that is why he is running for Congress. He is running for congress to serve his country once again. Bill Winter is representative of the kind of people we need representing us in Washington. He is a real salt-of-the-earth person, and not a typical politician. I will proudly cast my vote FOR Bill Winter in November.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home