Saturday, September 09, 2006

Marching with Perlmutter in Arvada.

This morning, I marched with the Perlmutter campaign in Arvada. I did some advance work with a group of people, meaning I went with some people, handed out stickers, got volunteers (hopefully) and whatnot. My knee started hurting so I sat down. I waited for the parade to go by until the actual Perlmutter contingent got to where I was, and I joined them. I saw Rick O'Donnell's contingent walk by, including Rick himself. He was shaking hands with people, and he saw me in my Perlmutter shirt and said "Hi" to me weakly and I said "Hi" back and he moved on. Didn't even try to shake my hand. When the Perlmutter contingent got there, I joined them and Ed and I hi-fived in keeping with our usual greeting of each other and I walked with the contingent the rest of the way. The response to us was great and I was told that Rick O'Donnell had only 23 people marching with him, while we had a whopping 86! The parade felt like a huge victory for the Democratic party and the Perlmutter campaign. Especially in light of Rick O'Donnell continuing to look like an idiot. Accusing Ed Perlmutter of representing an insurance company who cheated clients when he was really trying to get money for the people who were screwed in the bankruptcy of that company. Just another mistake that blew up in his face.

http://www.denverpost.com/localpolitics/ci_4297459


But it was a great day. Very empowering for our party and the Perlmutter campaign.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home