Monday, August 21, 2006

All the things on my mind.

God the political volunteering is getting insane. I have volunteered for Bill Ritter, Bill Winter, Ed Perlmutter, Andy Kerr and Gwen Green this cycle. When I'm not at my job, I am volunteering or doing political stuff. I honestly enjoy it, but with so many people wanting my help, it is stressful. I write this, blowing off steam, listening to Audioslave. "Show me How to Live" is so true right now. I have the push to get a better job. A voice inside my head says, "you are a smart guy. You can do better than this." But, I also want to be at the job for over a year, because that means that I am stable. I'm a temp, so a year is definitely stable. I just hope that I can make that next leap. God knows that I need to. The other thing is, my involvement in politics (the interesting journey that it has been) has led me to meet some interesting people. Candidates, officeholders, people who work in politics. Last November, I met this woman. Early 30's. Attractive, smart, friendly, funny. I have developed a crush on her. She works on a campaign and is extremely busy. The crush started to happen as I saw her more often. At a lot of events. The thing is, I know that she's extremely busy. So am I. The thing is I'd like to get to know her better. I know that people say "Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained." I really have a hard time gauging her interest. If she has any. She's also a political person, which is why I was skeptical to begin with. They can hobnob with anybody. But I have seen her in the more casual setting. She has been equally as friendly. The thing is, I liked her earlier on, back in the spring and thought that she must have had a boyfriend or have been married. Then a friend of mine at Drinking Liberally started to get together with her. And I didn't want to mess with that because he is my friend. It doesn't seem to have panned out, partly because she is busy as hell and he seemed to be interested in other people. Though I thought he liked her most because he just swoons over her. Though he does that less now. I just don't know. Because I'm sick of this shit. Sick of liking women. They never seem to like me back and I had been quite serious about giving it up. Live my life. No point in agonizing over it. Well, this is a post just to dump out some of my personal thoughts. It isn't overly political. I know, but I just needed to do a core dump or something like that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home