Tuesday, August 29, 2006

The JYD may live on.

Some of our group members have decided to continue. I feel as though they are looking to me to lead. In many ways, I feel that I may be the only one who can turn this around and I might be. Though the truth is, we are all in this together. On one hand, we need to commit to build this group. We also need to realize that we won't have all the time in the world to do this. We need to work with other people. We need to build alliances. I want our objective in growing our group to be brining it home to young people in Jefferson County why they should vote Democratic. How politics affects them and why it is important to be involved. That should be our aim. In the short term, to help get out the vote among young people. I have heard two stories about how things were going wrong with certain members of our group. Personality conflicts mainly. I want to put all that behind us and move forward as a group. Because negativity breeds negativity. I am hoping that we can committ enough time and energy to building this group, even if we have other things that go on in our lives. Because we are all in this together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home