Saturday, September 02, 2006

More happenings in politics and in life.

As Acting President of the Jeffco Young Democrats, I changed the meeting to Tuesday September 12th due to feedback indicating that Tuesdays might be better meeting days for many people than Wednsdays. I had to haggle with insurance companies over my car. The person who hit me and my own. My insurance company was quite accomodating as was their approved body shop. So I should be able to get the car fixed. The other one, however wanted to total my car. So, I'm going through mine and they will get the other one to pay the money. Well, I am going to see if I can phone bank for Bill Winter from home. I need to help him. I think he deserves to be in office. I am about to mail a $50 check to his campaign soon. Well the outlook for politics at least as far as Colorado Goes is pretty good. I believe we will hold both chambers of the legislature. We will gain the Governorship and either the Secratary of State's office, or the Treasurer's office, or both. The AG's office we will not gain. There is no momentum to that campaign. As for congress, I am getting more positive by the day that Ed Perlmutter will win in the 7th. That's a definite Democratic pickup for us. The seats we hold now, we will continue to hold. Angie Paccione may win in the 4th but that one is a little iffy. As for the 5th, things broke loose for Jay Fawcett when Doug Lamborn won the Republican nomination. In the 6th, Bill Winter has the trajectory, but things have not broken loose for him. He is all around the best candidate the Democrats could hope for in a district that I have long considered NIMBY Republican land. I have donated more money to Bill than any other candidate. Have marched in parades with him. He is a genuine salt of the earth guy. Look at his opponent. Tom Tancredo is a whack job who has extreme views on immigration and social security and the minimum wage. I think that even if Bill does not win on 2006, he will have the trajectory to win a 2008 run. I have to leave and put my donation envelope in the mail.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home