Sunday, November 26, 2006

Reading Obama's book.

Well, I started actually reading Barack Obama's book. He had some interesting things to say about less partisan division in the past and how shared experiences with World War II brought them closer together. How the upheavel of the 60's made it possible for him to get to where he is in his life and into the US Senate. He writes as articulately as he speaks. I didn't get very far into it, but it is shaping up to be an interesting read. Reading further, he discusses a lot the ideological divide that has become more sharp in recent years. He has said what I have felt for a long time. Politics is about compromise. The Right and even the left have come into a point of being absolutist in their views. A lot of language involving "either/or" or "for or against" is becoming more prevalent. I, myself have been guilty of that mainly as a reaction to what I have seen on the Republican side. It is easy to get into this, but if we are to make Government work, we need to move beyond it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home